Saturday, April 04, 2009

Louis C.K. at the Orange Peel!


Sure, he's the director of Pootie Tang and his H.B.O. series Lucky Louie only lasted one season, but Louis C.K. is still possibly the funniest and bravest stand-up coming working in America today. With material ranging from fatherhood to the eventual decline of the fortysomething's body, C.K. approaches his material with a fearless and unflinching honesty. "As long as it's honest, or as long as I mean it, I say it. I really don't see a point in having a line in your life. it's a bizarre idea to me to have a limit in speech. That's the whole premise of my stand-up is to be honest. I really don't see the point in saying 'I'd better not say that', says the comedian.

Right now, you are probably asking 'what does this have to do with BlogAsheville'? The answer is this, Lousi C.K. is playing The Orange Peel tonight at 8 p.m. (the doors open at 7:00).

For those of you not lucky enough to grab tickets, fear not! Today on the Bugg Blog, I have placed a full interview with Louis. You can read it by clicking here.



No comments: