I love this event, one put on annually by my friend Steven Liebenhaut (Amazing Savings shoppers will know him as the friendly silver-haired checkout guy). He turned his 50th birthday into a benefit, a tradition he's continued in the years since.
What a guy. See you there!
The Eagle Flies on Sunday: A benefit for Loving Food Resources
Sunday, March 7th
6:00 PM, The Grey Eagle Lounge
$15 dollars at the door. Raffle tickets are $5 or 5 for $20.
Gas House Mouse, Bombs Away Cabaret, a silent auction, a raffle for a weekend getaway and more…
• Kitty Love will be creating a live painting for a “live auction”
• An expanded Silent auction raises the stakes.
• We will have free deserts from some of Asheville’s finest bakeries.
• Food is available from Twin Cousins Restaurant in The Grey Eagle.
• Bombs Away Cabaret opens the show with magic, dance, satire and burlesque.
• Gas House Mouse starts the dance with their high energy blues/rock Asheville sound.
is a grassroots approach to organizing benefit concerts for Non-Profit Organizations to raise awareness and funds for specific causes.
The Grey Eagle will open its doors on 185 Clingman Ave. at 6:00 with the first act performing at 6:30 in this benefit concert for Loving Food Resources. Now in it's 19th year, Loving Food Resources is a Non-Profit Organization which provides basic needs to people living with HIV/AIDS and those with terminal illnesses in home hospice care through food, health and personal care items.
Steve in his own words:
“I have been involved in many levels of giving over the years and steveNyou Presents has been the culmination of such humanitarian work. We had a concert on my 50th birthday, and we raised over $5000 and last year $6,000! I realized how we as a people can make a difference communally. How each person has something very special to contribute to a cause…and how it’s not always money. Please come and join me for my third annual 50th birthday party.”