Monday, October 05, 2009
Posted by Jennifer Saylor at 6:14 AM
Women Living in Community Networking Day
Saturday, October 10th, 2009
9 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Jubilee Community Creation Room
46 Wall Street, Asheville, NC.
From a website, an interesting event for women who want to live in community. This event is mostly geared towards women 45+:
- Do you have dreams or ideas about where or how you want to live?
- Do you yearn for a sense of community, friendly neighbors and close relationships?
- Do you want to create a strong web of community support?
- Are you ready to make plans for where you want to live ?
Our Mission is to support the growing age-wave of women who are seeking communities that will enable them to have continued friendships, life-long learning, civic engagement and mutual support as they journey, along their life’s path.
Who might want to attend-
- Asheville and surrounding-area women interested in living in some type of communal setting primarily in the 2nd Half of Life
General questions and discussion in small groups
Panel with professionals- Q and A
Exercises- What Do You Want ? (Experiential)
Presentations of current models that exist
Form connections for future events and community building
Cost: $20 per person
Marianne Kilkenny, info(at)womenlivingincommunity.com