Wednesday, October 21, 2009

This Week in the Asheville Blog Universe

Lots happening.

Ursula Gullow writes about The Imagined Realms of Jason Sabbides:
"Sabbides begins each painting with a monochromatic under painting, which he overlays repeatedly with glazes - developing highlights and shadows as he progresses. The forms are given the luminosity and timeless three-dimensionality of Renaissance works while evoking a magical and surreal experience."
Read the full article

Asheville.FM
posts they will be having a general meeting tonight (October 22nd) at Izzy's Coffee in West Asheville. More info

Jodi at the Short Street Cakes Blog gives her long time best friend, what else? A cake!
"I'm lucky that Lexi is my best friend. Lexi, on the other hand, is lucky that I'm a cake baker. Lexi really, really likes cake. Lexi and I have been best friends since the third grade."
Read more
.

Figs and Ginger has an insane whiteboard picture posted on their latest blog post charting their inventory needed for the upcoming holiday rush.
"wowzers. last night i decided to figure out our ‘ball park’ estimates for the holiday making season so i can get an idea of what i need to order. i estimate fairly high, keep in mind, but this is what i came up with. it may look like gibberish, but it’s a pretty insane amount of work! and very very exciting!"
Read more
.

Yes, We Cook!
offers up a lentil and hemp seed loaf recipe that is sure to make all you obnoxious health freaks squeal with delight:
"Today, though I made a lentil/hemp loaf. I’ve made vegetarian nut loafs for my husband a number of times. Apparently they are popular in Britain and he grew up there. I’d never had or made one until I married him, and so the idea comes from the nut loaves I’ve made. They are essentially a vegetarian variant on meat loaf."
Read more.

Oh, and be nice to
Edgy Mama ok? Seriously. I'll beat your ass. Oh that's right, I forgot, you're insulting her anonymously. Pussies.

No comments: