Saturday, July 26, 2008

Support Living, Local Artists!



"It is my pleasure to announce a show of my photography documenting the artistic squats of Paris, where I spent most of my time from September 1991 to October 1992. (A squat is an abandoned building where people live without paying rent.) The show is at Firestorm Cafe & Books, an anarchist collective in downtown Asheville, North Carolina. For those of you who live in the area, it is at 48 Commerce Street.

Stop by before August 15 for an experience of creative anarchy: portraits of the squatters and their modern primitive lifestyle, texts I wrote while living there, drawings and flyers, and a wall of burned contact sheets destroyed in a fire..."

Read more about this show at eatbees Blog.


----------------------
Y'all get out there and support living, local artists!

No comments: