Saturday, September 30, 2006

Heath Shuler-rama Party

Do you feel an emptiness in your life? A void deep within your soul that you desperately try to fill with sex, drugs and money?

Well, I can't help you.

No mimes, clowns or RepublicansBut I can take your mind off the spiritual angst, at least for an evening, by inviting you to a house party. Let's celebrate like it's 1999 - and pretend we still have a president that can speak in coherent sentences.

The theme I've chosen* is: "Heath Shuler-rama" As in Heath Shuler, candidate for congress in NC District 11.

  • The date will be this Tuesday, October 3rd @ 7:00pm - 9ish
  • The location will be at my home in West Asheville. If you'd like to come, please RSVP to brainshrub - at - gmail.com. I will then email you directions.
  • This will be a BBQ. I'll provide meat, buns and condiments - you bring a side-dish and beer.

FAQ:

Wait a second, I know you Paul... you are not a big fan of Heath Shuler. Why are you throwing a house party for him?

Because someone from his campaign asked politely and I feel like having a party. Just because I probably won't vote for the guy does not mean I'm not a dedicated Democrat.

Will Heath Shuler be there?

I've invited him, but I doubt it.

I see this will be a BBQ; but I'm a vegetarian (Vegan / freegan / I only eat dirt and insects) will you have anything that meets my dietary restrictions?

I'll buy a pack of veggie-burgers, but other than that you are on your own.

What is the purpose of this event?

My event will not be the only House Party for Shuler. (Although it will be the most fun.) The Shuler staff have asked people across NC district 11 to host simultaneous house parties. The goal is to promote Shuler for Congress, perhaps raise a bit of money and encourage people to volunteer for the campaign.

How many people will be at this event?

I'm planning to keep it small: Under a dozen or so. But if it blows all out of proportion I won't get upset.

Will there be any celebrities, prizes and/or activities at this party?

Yes!

  1. You will meet "Scooter the Cat" who is pictured in the banner of Brainshrub.com.
  2. You will get to see the blue bath-robe that I wear when writing most of these posts. (Including this one.)
  3. You will marvel at the HUGE Amazing Potato Gun that a friend and I built in college.
  4. A twister game and chess set will be available. Both are clothing-optional. :)
  5. I have a cardboard cut-out of Kerry in my basement that will be given away as a prize to the person who can hit it with a football from 100 feet.... or at least comes closest!
  6. And more!

I'm scared of mimes and clowns.

This will be no mimes, clowns or Republicans at this event.

* To be clear: while I was asked to host this party on a particular date and time by a Shuler organizer, this event is my own creature.

This was originally posted at: Brainshrub.com

1 comment:

Edgy Mama said...

Hope it goes well tonight, BS! Sorry I can't make it.