Thursday, August 31, 2006

Drinking Liberally: DLicious!

I need a drink. Or several. These announcements are normally prefaced by a litany of political hullabaloo, driving we sodden liberals to the pint glasses. But this week, the political dramas unfolding across the district and the country require a new attitude: Drink First and Ask Questions Later. No one should have to endure the coming storm of relentless campaigning sober.

Drinking Liberally, that weekly convention of hot-headed hipsters, green-coated giants, latte-soaked liberals, and pragmatic progressives, comes together again for a malty night of political brilliance at Asheville Brewing Company on Coxe Avenue. Come early, stay late. Bark at the electoral moon with Asheville's liberati from 7-10 p.m.

3 comments:

Ladydawnelle said...

Sorry Mates,
Missed ya last night. Family coming this weekend so I've been cleaning and posting up a storm here with the DNC on line and on Air America's website trying to save MIKE MALLOY's job!

Please sign the petition to save MIKE if you have not already!!

He's on Air America (or was) every night from 10pm to 1am and I would stream him on my computer. I will miss his Liberal RANTS!!

Next week I may bring my daughter and her BF with me to the NEXT great DL in Asheville. Hope to see you all then!

Peace/Love/Hugs
LadyDawn

Ladydawnelle said...

PS.

Hey Gordon when are you gonna add MY website to your links?

I'm worthy! ;-) really I am!


www.dawnellesplace.com

Screwy Hoolie said...

Dawn,

email blogasheville@hotmail.com

Our Uptown Ruler has the power.