Monday, August 28, 2006

Councilman Freeborn

WNC Citizens Blog has posted video of Bryan Freeborn at an August 22 City Council Meeting. The topic? Immigration. WNCCBlog likes the Action Club and didn't like the speech very much. I imagine a lot of folks will agree. I also reckon a lot of folks will like the speech quite a lot.Go Watch.

3 comments:

lance wille said...

Am I reading this post correctly? A lot of folks won't like the speech and lot of folks will? I guess you're right, but why this post. Is is a rallying cry for polarization. I think a lot of folks will be indifferent to the speech.

Screwy Hoolie said...

Judging from the lack of comments, you might be right.

It's not a rallying cry for anything. It's a clip from a city council meeting. I thought it was interesting. That's all.

Screwy Hoolie said...

...also...immigration is an enormously hot and divisive topic. In a recent poll 77% of folks in the district voiced support for the draconian House version of the immigration bill. They are pee-ossed. The other 23% of us are agog at their seeming intolerance, covert racism, and economic head-in-the-sand mentality.