Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Giblet Olympics and Gravy Guzzler or Whatever

Two days to go. The place: my house. The time: 7:00 p.m. The date: Friday, November 18. The plan: eat, drink, engage in Olympics (Screwy--you are in charge of games, but no running in the house), make fun of blogging.

The attendees and their offerings (so far):

  • EM and E-spouse: sausage and cornbread dressing, cranberry sauce
  • Ash and possibly his S.O.: Turkey (and gravy, Ash?)
  • Screwy and possibly his S.O.: Veggie dish (I’m guessing here)
  • Uptown and Tea: Sweet potato delight and surprise dish
  • Syntax and S.O.: Pumpkin Cheesecake and surprise dish
  • Vespere: Bread or rolls
  • Theseus: Bread or rolls (guess who are the two college students?)
  • Corky: Salad
  • Huw: Vegan stuffing
  • Jim and Frank: green bean casserole

Wow, I’m getting hungry already.

If I’ve inadvertently left you off the list, let me know. Matt, will you and your girl be coming? ModPeas?

Further instructions: If your food needs to be served hot, bring it hot. Although I have a big oven, space for reheating food will be limited.

Bring whatever you would like to drink.

E-mail me, if you haven’t already, for directions or questions or just because: janus@annefittenglenn.com.

See you on Friday!

8 comments:

arratik said...

the pumpkin cheesecake was baked last night, and is in the refrigerator setting right now. it looked pretty yummy coming out of the oven...

and not to spoil the surprise, but i think the other thing we're bringing will be of the spinachy/artichokey/dippy variety. and we'll bring some liquid refreshment as well.

Edgy Mama said...

Alright, Syn. I was considering creating an artichoky dippy thingy as well, but you've taken the ball and are running for the goalpost. Thank you!

Gordon Smith said...

I'm bringing taters and gravies.

Also, regarding the Inaugural International Giblet Olympics, does anyone have any physical limitations that might inhibit their participating in the Games?

No running, eh? We'll have to make do with crawling, jumping, and The Worm then...

If you're thinking about coming, but you're frightened of the Olympics, know that we need spectators as much as we need participants.

ModPez is out of town and won't be coming. Brian Hopkins ought to be coming but not until after 9pm. My wife is coming, though she's awfully trepidacious about the giblets.

Thanks for hosting, EM!

Huw Richardson said...

My only physical limitation is I can't imbibe adult beverages (b/c of work at midnight) so the games mightn't be as much fun as possible :-)

ash said...

EM, I'm bringing squash, too. Oh, and pie for your pie hole. Pie, of the apple variety. Oh, and a few bottles of the beaujolais that will be out on Thursday.

Gordon Smith said...

The Beaujolais!!!

I'm thinking that Beaujolais Olympics and Gravy Guzzler might be a more appropriate if less fun because less gibletty title for this thankful soiree.

arratik said...

huw - you can bring grape juice and call it "beaujolais nu-faux"... :)

Vespere Hesperian said...

I plan on being there and if I am not and unless I have a really good reason why I am not then you have permission to hunt me down and beat the crap out of me. Anyway I could actually be a few minutes late though, I will try not to be but it is possible. When I saw a few minutes I mean at the lastest 7:30 probably not even that. See you all there.