Friday, October 21, 2005

Unsubstantiated Rumor

As we've all been grieving the sudden, unexplained closure of Beanstreets, I thought I'd throw in the latest rumor on the street. I hear that the person who owns Asahi (and possibly another sushi bar, though I don't know which one) bought the building in which Beanstreets resided. Will there be yet another sushi bar downtown? Will it be something else exotic but yummy? Regardless, I lay my bet on a new restaurant. Anyone else heard or actually know anything?

6 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

Get out! More sushi? Gag me.

car said...

Oh maybe I misunderstood, I reported on my http://filthyhippies.blogspot.com site on Sept. 19 and 20 that it was going to be Suzi's Raw fish establishment. I thought it was going to be a fish market. I realize now that they told me Sushi not Suzi's --but I don't know what Sushi is!

car said...

oh yea!!
besides the filthy hippy beanstreet becoming a higher end restaurant, I also heard today that the filthy gypsy hippy sofa bar is closing and going to be changed to a high end business. Gentrification is right on target, Starbucks and Macy's in downtown locations is just a step away!

modpez said...

car -
where is the filthy gypsy hippy sofa bar? i need to drop in before it closes.

Gordon Smith said...

modpez,

It's called Gypsy Moon, and it's a great place to enjoy a smoke, a drink, and a gaggle of alternatively lifestyled goodness.

car said...

Modpez, it's about a block away from the knotty haired hippy thing called Mellow Mushroom, a place to avoid at all costs. But you would't want to visit the filthy gypsy sofa hangout because I understand it's exactly like screw loose described it only forgot to say knotty haired filthy things all about probably smoking drugs--Closes Oct 31, thank GOD! It's right near that Chicken Street filthy squiggly lined painted street. Would be a great location for something like a Cheeseburger in Paradise or Starbucks!