Monday, September 19, 2005

Choices, choices, choices

It's a busy Monday night in our mountain town.

At Port City Java on Merrimon Ave. at 7:00 p.m., developer Greg Edney will present his plan for the redevelopment of the Burger King site to interested parties. Expect a full house. Get there early, or bring your own chair if you're going to be late. I'll be there, giving my spiel, as I'm so moved, on the city's Smart Growth policies and planning for the future.

Also at 7:00, at the Renaissance Hotel, is the Asheville City Primary Forum: a meet-and-greet the Asheville City Council candidates and a moderated forum for the Mayoral candidates. I think the Mayoral forum will be interesting (personally, I'm not impressed with any of the candidates yet, so I'd like to be swayed one direction or another). Future Daddy is planning to be there. And if the stars are aligned, I may make it to this one late.

Expect full reports tomorrow. Happy Monday, fellow Ashevillians!

3 comments:

Gordon Smith said...

How'd it go?

car said...

who is the best conservative candidate dedicated to throwing out the hippy shops and bringing in Macy's, Starbucks and other upscale shops. Unfortunately, I had to take my grandson to the airport and couldn't make it.

Edgy Mama said...

It went pretty well, Screwy. A feisty crowd, a fairly well-organized presentation, lots of questions and concerns addressed. I may write something up about it later.