Tuesday, August 30, 2005

I Think I'll Name Mine Rosie...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


TOKYO - A child-shaped humanoid robot that can recognize about 10,000 words and work as a house sitter will go on sale in Japan in September.

The "Wakamaru" robot can recognize the faces of up to 10 people and talk to them. When linked to mobile phones, it can also work as a monitor to check situations at home, such as a burglary or someone falling ill, Mitsubishi-Heavy Industries Ltd. said in a statement Monday.
Mitsubishi-Heavy said it would be the first time a robot with communication ability for home use has been sold.
"This is the opening of an era in which human beings and robots can coexist," it said.

Mitsubishi-Heavy said...

1 comment:

Sweet Tea said...

Damn, I could really use a Rosie right now. I wonder how effective she would be agaist kitty poo. The neighbor's cat thinks our front lawn is a litter box. I was just outside and almost stepped in it, again. Arrrr...