Friday, June 17, 2005

A short introduction

Hi, I’m Chris and my blog is modernpeasant.com. I attended the pleasant gathering last week and met many of you.

I’m a retired graphic designer. My degree is history with some postgraduate work in linguistics. I worked for printers, academic instructional media production, software developers, and finally Intel Corporation for 7 years.

I have been in and out of these mountains most of my life. I lived with my wife and four children in Jackson County hinterlands for ten years.

Since i exited from the 24/7 work world and took up the simple life in Aville I’ve taught myself to paint watercolors, am working on learning oils, and I just rediscovered the pencil last January. I have made 2 CDs of idiosyncratic music. Currently doing electronic pre-press for 700 page tome and ramping up to produce small landscape prints.

I started modernpeasant.com 4 or 5 years ago. To see what would happen. I wrote a lot during the first 2-3 years. Gradually more and more visuals appeared. The site needs a lot of housekeeping and I may redo it in flash.

One thought I have about blogs: they live on the World-wide net therefore are accessible by “everybody”. I am particularly interested in less ambitious blogs for a smaller audience, project or affinity-group related, like for instance 4 or 5 people write a novel with minimum ground rules.

Just to see what will happen.

a couple of days ago the Citizen-Times printed the following, which i take to be a sea-change in the miasma of public opinion:
CITIZEN-TIMES.com: In shying away from 2002 Downing Street Memo, a timid press shirks its duty
"We are left with the elephant in the living room: Did this war have to happen?"

No comments: